Thursday, November 09, 2006

Luky Took A Few Days Off


It was election day and I recognized, all of a sudden, that Luky had not dictated a post for more than a week.

"I've been planning my post-pup strategy," he said.

"Your 'post-pup' strategy? What is that?"

"You recall the story I told you about the legendary Wolf pack where the young pup of the great Wolf leader wound up in power, but lacked the wisdom to help maintain the pack's glory."

"Sure, I remember," I said . . . plus, I knew I could go back and find that post (http://philosopherdog.blogspot.com/2006/09/pup-politics-i-think-luky-preferred.html) and pull it up in case he wanted to test my ability to recall his insights.

"Well," he started again with that prepare-to-hear-something-astounding tone, "I've been trying to tell you - without shocking you - that the reign of pup ignorance is coming to an end."

"Really? I thought that - what were they called . . . 'Lobo Vestment,' or something . . ."

Luky just shook his head and snorted.

"Well, anyway . . . I thought they were long gone."

"I'm not talking about Wolves," he said. "I'm talking about human leaders - well, if you can call them 'leaders.' Actually, I was concerned to try to deliver my message without offending you too much. I was trying to prepare a more subtle, perhaps symbolic, sort of story."

"Oh."

"Okay," Luky's exasperation was showing, "anyway, I found the perfect consolation gift."

"Really? I'm all about gifts."

"Take a look at this T-shirt picture," Luky said. "It's just one of the fantastic designs from an extraordinarily clever and creative new company called, 'Punshui' (http://www.punshuidesign.com/); and I think it really describes what is happening this week - and what will continue to happen as you ((here again, as he occasionally does, Luky is using "you" to mean something like, "all you lunatic humans")) permit more intelligent people to lead your pack."

"I want one," I said, without having to feign a genuine tone.

Luky looked up and gave me his best panting, half-laughing smile, showing all of his Lupine carnivorous power.

"You need one!" he exclaimed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home