Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thermometer Or Love-Meter?

I'm not sure where he finds it - maybe at Barnes & Noble, or via his online subscription to the UC Berkeley library - but Luky has been quoting the journal, Nature, a lot lately. He's all for global warming because, as he suggests, the runaway ice melt will throw the entire planet back into an ice age, which in turn, will likely benefit his Lupine clan. I think he has visions of Malamutes inheriting the Earth.

Still, regardless of whether we're on his side or not, when I double checked his sources I found that, sure enough, scientists say the Greenland ice sheet is losing ice at the rate of about 50 cubic kilometers (about 12 cubic miles) per year.

He was really all over the topic this morning. The whole nuclear pack (Luky, me, Mom-Kiki and Prince Gabe) watched Eight Below last night. While the bipedal among us cried through about 90% of the movie, Luky just sat in front of the TV and smiled, and occasionally rolled over on his side expecting extra tummy rubs - as if any actor-dog performance of note should naturally translate into affection for the resident canine.

The long story short is, he wound up getting at least 10 Milk Bones more than normal!

However, I do have to admit - we ran into one of his fan club members on the street a month or so ago and she asked if I'd seen Eight Below. At that time I had not. All she said was, "Well, when you see it, it will just make you love your dog even more than you already do." I figured - NO WAY. He's a know-it-all, but we already love each other as much as possible!!!

Well, he's been giving me these looks all day - between his pronouncements of man's treatment of Planet Earth. He knows . . . even if our thermometer shows him warm and toasty, he moved a notch ahead of me on the "love meter" last night . . . and the rest of the pack is not too embarrassed to show it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home