Saturday, November 11, 2006

Luky Loves Elvis Movies

For some reason Luky has always liked Elvis Presley's movies. He was telling me that we're about to see the 50th anniversary of the release of Elvis's first movie, Love Me Tender (first released November 15, 1956).

I told Luky that I'd written a tribute poem to Elvis once. He made me look it up and recite it. He doesn't like it. However, Luky says that my poem is not really about Elvis. He says it's more about fame and stardom, and the fact that a celebrity's fans often prevent the star they love so much from enjoying a personal life.

I agree. But anyway, that's why Luky wanted me to include the following.

Backstage Mass

And Now A Personal No-it
To Those Who Choose To Dough-et
Upon The God-Like Po-ets
Who Don't Know Shit, And show It!
Or:
A Little Fart-4 Down Seventy-Six.

Fan, fan . . . I'm your man,
larger than life when I began,
an agent-hatched charlatan,
proud to play your Peter Pan.
I need you on my caravan,
'cause the more you think of who I am,
the less you'll see that you, too, can
learn my trick and grow it.

It's a midnight ride for all revered
'til fame's sonlight has fully seared
all the saints and those they reared,
the children who are paired and peered,
who follow fads, both faked and feared,
who always rode, and never steered,
and behind the guitar grenadier,
who hates the stadium's loving stare. . .
those fainting in the highest tier,
drunk because they got so near,
their gods who know the fans are dear. . .
and they all-so serve, who sit and cheer!

Load To Greatsland:

His heart thumbed over the final page
while he sat and took his dump of rage,
"Why can't they see that center stage
is just a well-lit, barless cage?"
And then, The King checked outta here!

Well yes, it's sort of sad. I thought it was funny when I wrote it. Luky's not laughing, though. It's raining but he says, tough - I have to take him out right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home