Friday, October 14, 2005

Luky Works All Night

I got up early this morning and found Luky pouring through Simon Singh's website (http://www.simonsingh.com/). Luky says he loves this site which is thick with educational and entertaining content. Simon Singh is a writer, lecturer and TV producer who specializes in math and science. He's written many books and articles, including his most recent book, "Big Bang: The Origin Of The Universe," which Luky says is a much easier read than Joseph Silk's similarly titled book, "The Big Bang," now in its 3rd edition.

I noticed he had a book open beside him while he was online and I figured it was Silk's from his comment about comparing the two volumes - but no - it turns out he's leafing through Soren Kierkegaard's "The Concept of Irony," which he says was Kierkegaard's first real philosophical work being that it was his graduate thesis at the University of Copenhagen. Luky really gets weird sometimes . . . and it can be especially strange for me because while I get lost trying to follow him into the depths of his academic pursuits, I still have to carefully explain that every time I reach into my jacket pocket it does NOT mean I'm pulling out a biscuit.

Anytime Luky and I talk about the general topic of media he mentions Don Imus. He says he has a picture of Imus from the time they debated. I checked it out and it does not look anything like the Don Imus with whom I'm familiar - the leathery, irreverent cowboy and crazy hipster interviewer (his 10 gallon hat and wrinkly irascibility are more familiar since 1993 when his "Imus In The Morning" show started simulcasting on MSNBC, but he still refers to himself as a radio personality -http://wfan.com/bios/local_bio_imusdon_html/).

Anyway, Luky's picture looks suspiciously like a horse. Wait a minute . . . come to think of it, maybe it is the same Don Imus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home