Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Luky Does Not Want His Own Show!

Luky embarrassed me yesterday. He had been talking about - with all due respect, "bitches," (that is, the human, quasi-technical term for females of many species, including dogs). Anyway, he coaxed me into mentioning Gracie, the sweet, very "alert," Papillon who lives three doors up the hall. Then, for illustration, he insisted I include the American Kennel Club website picture of a Papillon (http://www.akc.org/breeds/papillon/index.cfm) in his post. Yes - the AKC pic does look like Gracie.

All that would have been fine, and in a couple of days I might have forgotten his overt reference, had we not walked outside last evening and directly up next to Gracie and her brother, Louis. I had to come clean on Luky's blogpost, and then I thought - well, heck, Louis and Gracie's mom might very well log-on and take a look and see that Luky made this reference. Boy, I hope they take no offense. If they do I'm totally blaming you-know-who!

I presume he got a good night's sleep. He's been pretty alert this morning (cool air and modest overcast have something to do with that) and he's got Imus In The Morning tuned in, per usual. (Imus's show is simulcast on radio and MSNBC [http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036713/] but Luky prefers to watch the TV version so he can find out if Imus is the only one who actually looks like a dog - Luky says he thinks Don Imus is a cross between Collie and Shar-Pei, both can be seen on this page [http://www.akc.org/breeds/breeds_c.cfm].)

It's hard to watch TV with Luky. I rarely get the remote. He's flipping back and forth this morning between Imus and the Science Channel, which was featuring its Mega Science magazine show on the subject of Time Travel - yes, back to where we were a few days ago!

All I can say is, Yikes! Luky wants to keep exploring this topic now because he considers himself prescient. The program literally paraphrased the same question he was asking me - if the laws of physics do not forbid time travel, and mankind (or his wiser, 4-legged companions) survive into the future, then why aren't we seeing the evidence today of time travelers from the future? I will not be surprised, one of these days, when a knock at the front door comes from a Science Channel talent scout hoping to sign Luky as a show host!?!

"No," he says, "not a chance."

"Why? Do you think they would ignore you just because you're a dog?"

"No, that's not it at all. I've already been contacted - did the screen test."

"What!?!"

"Yes. Their terms were simply unacceptable! Three hours in 'make-up' and I wind up looking half-human . . . my fans just wouldn't have it!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home