Friday, October 21, 2005

And What IS The Color Of Funny?

Luky says he and I don't really have that much in common. I guess I agree with him. I mean, there's the obvious stuff - he's got four legs, a tail and lots of fur as opposed to my two, none and well, less . . . that is, I do have some fur.

On the other hand, we like discussing philosophical concepts. We both like cool weather. And we both have a high regard for truth.

Luky says that last point makes us both unpopular in human circles. I know he's right about that. His lupine friends dig that particular orientation, though I think they get too focused on olfaction and/or ingestion.

Luky says we share one big problem.

"Which is?" I ask.

"Our acritochromacy," he says.

"Look who's been reading the big words book again," I laugh. "What is that?"

"It means we're both colorblind."

"Speak for yourself," I said reflecting on his obvious canine disadvantage.

"Sure, you can see some color," he began analyzing in an authoritative tone, "but you almost certainly have much poorer color vision than I do. Dogs are famous for colorblindness, as you know, but that is only because human scientists don't know how to factor in our recognition of body language."

"Body language gives you a color sense?"

"Sure it does."

"Well, I can see all the colors I need to see," I know I sounded a little defensive.

"Like 'True'?" He didn't even turn to look at me with that question.

"True? 'True' is not a color," I said.

"It is for dogs - just like 'Fear.' Now I know why you don't seem to get as much out of C-Span as I do," his whiskers were twitching like he was about to make a closing argument. "When they show Congress in session you don't see all the bright Reds and Yellows!"

"Give me a break. If you're seeing Red and Yellow congressmen it's probably because our TV hue is out of balance."

"Don't change a thing. I don't want to file a report to the Malamute Times and be mistaking 'Fear' for 'Greed' just because you tweaked a dial that made no difference to you anyway! You could wind up Pink."

"Pink? What's Pink mean?" I said with some reticence.

"Why, 'Hurt,' of course!"

And then he chuckled in that peculiar way that makes his tail look like a pompon. I didn't think it was very funny.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

philosopherdog.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading philosopherdog.blogspot.com every day.
payday cash loans
payday advance

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home