Sunday, October 30, 2005

It's Good To Get Back

Luky says I'm allergic to vacation. I was out of town for the weekend on a mission to relax. Those have always seemed to be difficult, near death-defying missions.

Luky's mom arranged a visit to a Blue Ridge Mountains B&B.

"Too much sleep and too much good food - right?" Luky was analyzing my mood Sunday.

"I guess so, but then again I'm rested I think."

"It won't help. Like all humans you will need a recovery period to get over your restful weekend."

"How do you know so much about human vacations?" I ask him with some impatience.

"It's not vacations. It's routine. We wolves are highly routine-oriented and we have always wondered why humans don't realize that they are also! You always work so hard to create change and variation when, in fact, you perform so poorly when you achieve that flux."

"I did a short run," I protested. Luky knows that running is a routine-calibrator for me.

"I know."

"You know? How do you know?"

"Your New Balances smell like squirrel and rabbit droppings - and they haven't been eating middle Georgia flora."

"What else?" I really knew that was a bad question before I got it all the way out.

"You had bacon for breakfast Saturday morning, and drank champagne Saturday night . . . need I continue?"

I stopped talking and headed for the car. We had been standing in front of the Atlanta Pet Resort (http://atlantapetresort.com/) where families were walking in and out picking up their pets. In addition to Luky's annoyance at constantly having to shift his Stone Mountain leather overnight bag out of their path, I just didn't like the idea of total strangers hearing a complete list of leftover scents Luky might discover on my clothes.

He immediately plopped into the backseat with no attempt at commuter decorum. Yes, it's good to get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home