Friday, January 08, 2010

Werewolfs In Winter

Luky is frustrated with the current, seemingly incessant focus on Vampires. He’s not against the supernatural. He will watch Ghost Whisperer and Medium with me any time. (I have noted that the stars of both shows are women with attractive tops, and while Luky rarely expresses his interest in human females I recognize that his Pack mommy might be the model he’s looking for on TV.)

Still, any mention of Twilight, or Underworld, etc., (with obvious exception made for Lucian’s followers and offspring) will start him off on the “established” proofs of Wolf wisdom – a subject about which he is not only well versed, but apparently never at a loss for narrative. And I have to admit that none of the pop culture works – written or filmed – ever seem to describe the werewolf’s advantage in winter.

Gabriel (Luky’s younger human brother – Josh being the older) received the Twilight book series for Christmas from his aunt May in Louisville. Luky loves visiting up there over the holidays because our milder southern winter is jumpstarted a bit during that week. This year’s temp dropped into the low 20’s for a couple of walks – nothing like last year when I was forced to put on everything in my suitcase to watch Luky romp around through back-to-back days of below zero frigidity. Ironically, we returned to Atlanta to be met by a week of mid-teen temps that froze over most of Lake Avondale (www.lakeavondale.blogspot.com) – at least enough to keep limbs, pine cones and other tree debris lying conspicuously atop the water level, and leave the ducks a couple of small bathing strudels (re that term, Luky credits experts in sea ice physics where thawing eddies are the result of something more dramatic than duck paddling).

Last night’s light snow has been preserved by the cold. There won’t be any snowmen or snowball battles with this sprinkling, but Luky loves the yard and lawn furniture covered with the icy white confection. I guess I have to agree.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home