Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Great Blue Yonder Heron

Luky and I decided to go to Kiki's for dinner tonight (Sunday night). As a result I am taking Luky's dictation while on a strange computer. It's a little more difficult because at home I'm able to simply minize or log-out and take a break - that is, if you-know-who gets too nosey trying to make sure his thoughts are accurately entered.

Anyway, we walked down to the lake with the Prince of Avondale and looked for the great blue heron (mentioned in a prior post). There may be some really excellent great blue heron websites, but Luky's current favorite is the United States Geological Survey site (http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i1940id.html).

He says it's not that important, but I can tell that he thinks there's something special about those birds. Who knows what dogs dream, but when I hear Luky's nap turn into whimpering and twitching, and his eyelids start coursing as if he were surveying a distant shore from 1,000 feet at high speed . . . well, it just wouldn't surprise me to learn he has a seven-foot wingspan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home